Saturday 29 April 2017

Madhouse recipe : Sausages and Bacon with Apples


This was a recipe that I saw mentioned on someone else's menu plan and it sounded nice so I went to investigate - it comes from an old BBC Good Food recipe and it used just a few things that were in the freezer and the kitchen. Bonus !


It's incredibly simple. Just wrap a rasher of bacon around each sausage and lay them out in a roasting tin.


I didn't quite have enough sausages to go round so I used a couple of Cheestrings in the last bacon rashers, knowing that the kids would eat them.


Chop a few apples into wedges and arrange them in the tin, placing them between the sausages and around the edges. Dot a few tiny knobs of butter on top.


Bake at 200° for about half an hour, until the apples are soft and the sausages and bacon are cooked through.


The cheese had splurged everywhere but I scraped it off the bottom and it was still gobbled up !

Serve with mash or rice and veg.

5 comments:

  1. That's my kind of meal. I often cook sausages with sliced apples and a bit of maple syrup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I like the idea of adding maple syrup - I'll have to wait until I can get my hands on some more English sausages and bacon now though !

      Delete
  2. I have made this a couple of times and my girls love it.
    The cheese looks yummy! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks tasty, I've never done that with cheese before. kids will love it too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum looks good - my kids would love the cheese too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...