Monday 9 March 2015

(Almost) Blueberry Muffins in a Jiffy !


I love blueberries but it's almost impossible to find them in France. I did find them once at Lidl and bought up almost the whole lot, but I've never seen them since and the woman at the till asked me what they were ! When I saw this Jiffy Blueberry Muffin Mix, I couldn't resist. Unfortunately, I didn't notice the bit at the top that says "New Blueberry Flavoured Bits" - hmmm.


Convenience wise, there are no complaints. You just dump the contents in a bowl, add an egg and some milk and mix it up. Even Pierre managed all by himself.


They came out light and fluffy but I thought they had a very artificial blueberry smell and flavour, which is a shame. (The packaging does inform you that they are "artificially and naturally flavoured".)


The kids love them though. I would have preferred something more natural with real dried blueberries but beggars can't be choosers, I suppose !

3 comments:

  1. how odd that you can't get Blueberries in France? I wonder if you could buy dried ones over here which will rehydrate in muffins? We love Blueberries in this house - I freeze them and the kids eat them frozen as they go like little ice lollies :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea - I generally use sour cherries or cranberries which are equally nice but sometimes, I just fancy blueberries !

      Delete
  2. Love blueberry muffins - not sure i will bother giving these a try though -like proper blueberries in them !

    AShleigh

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...