Saturday 24 January 2015

Globe-cooking recipe : Deep fried ice cream (Turkey)


I thought it was a joke when I saw this on the menu at the Chinese-themed restaurant in our hotel in Kusadasi (so I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a Chinese or a Turkish dish - I'm guessing they just made it up themselves !)

I asked the waitress how they made it and she explained that they take cornflakes and crush them up, use that to coat a scoop of ice cream then deep fry it.


They served it drizzled with honey. It was OK and it certainly had novelty value (it's a bit like the Turkish version of a deep fried Mars Bar, I suppose !) but it's not something I'd choose again.

*** Don't miss my country-by-country globecooking recipe index ! ***
Other Turkish dishes that I've tried include BaklavaGözleme and Turkish Kofte Meatballs

5 comments:

  1. That sounds rather yummy, kind of like those ice cream doughnuts. I'm guessing not the best on the waist line but I'd definitely order them if I was having a night out.

    Sharon xx
    Beauty, Miscellany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ice cream doughnits? I've obviously been missing out on something !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't officially tried them, my parents raved about them, I think some supermarkets have frozen version but I doubt they aren't as good as anything freshly made.

      Delete
  3. wow this is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I never actually believed there was such thing as "fried ice cream" lol I just heard of it this morning and decided to check it out. Well I don't know much about cooking outside the Papa's cooking games website but i'll definately give this recipe a try.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...