Thursday 15 January 2015

Get Fruity Fruit Bars review


Just like most of the population, I've used New Year as the perfect kick up the bum for overhauling my diet and that means throwing out (or at least cutting down on) naughty snacks like chocolate, crisps or biscuits and going for something lower in fat and calories. Fruit is ideal but not always practical when you're out and about or if I need to put something in my bag for work, so I was keen to see what I'd think of the new Get Fruity bars that I was sent to review.


Get Fruity promise that their bars not only taste great but are good for you too. They are made with quality ingredients including virgin coconut oil, oats and fruits, so they are naturally sweet, with the sweetness coming from only the fruit and fruit juices with no added refined sugar. The oats also release slow burning energy to the body, ensuring you feel fuller for longer. I checked the nutritional values - each bar contains 135-143 calories and from 9 to 12g of sugar, depending on the variety. Calorie-wise, that's not actually much lower than my usual chocolate bars, but they do count towards your 5-a-day and the oats make them into a satisfying snack so one bar will be plenty to keep you going until your next meal.


I tried two flavours, Moist Mixed Berry and Juicy Apricot, Orange & Ginger, but they also come in a Strawberry variant. The first thing I loved was the fabulously vibrant colours, especially as they contain no artificial colours. Taste wise, they're lovely and sweet and made a nice healthy swap when I wanted something to nibble on in the middle of the afternoon.

The kids weren't quite as keen - they ate a piece each but thought the texture was a bit dry. Maybe serving them up alongside a drink, yogurt and fruit salad or something equally moist would help them out a bit. Personally, I thought they were moister than most oat or cereal bars I've tried in the past so it may just be them !

star rating : 4/5

RRP : £2.80 for a pack of four or £4.20 for a pack of six

for more information : http://www.getfruitybar.co.uk/

Disclosure : We received the product in order to write an honest review.

5 comments:

  1. I love the look of these, it would be great to take to work with me and prevent me raiding the chocolate supply here

    ReplyDelete
  2. These would be good for the lunch boxes, including mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. compared to similar products the price seems very high

    ReplyDelete
  4. a good idea bit a little expensive i think

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great honest well made product

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...