Wednesday 21 January 2015

A Taste of Scotland : Walkers Shortbread review


Did you know it was National Shortbread Day on 6th January? Well, if you're kicking yourself for missing out on the perfect excuse for nibbling on a lovely crunchy, buttery piece of shortbread, never fear, there's another one on the way ! Burns Night is coming up - it's on 25th January - and Walkers have even created a special tin featuring Scotland's best-loved poet, packed with shortbread treats.


Along with the tin, they sent us through a selection of scrummy goodies to sample and I have to say, I was amazed at how many different variations they have on offer. As well as their regular Pure Butter Shortbread, they have Chocolate Chip Shortbread, the ultra cute Shortbread Mini Scottie Dogs, Shortbread Highlanders (with the edges rolled in crunchy demerera sugar) and, just to prove that they're not only good at making shortbread, Chocolate Chunk Biscuits. All of which are absolutely delicious.


Unsurprisingly, the Madhouse kids were totally wowed by the chocolate options and the little dog-shaped biscuits. (Which is probably good news for my diet !)


I have to say, I still think you can't beat the pure simplicity of a lovely crunchy Shortbread Finger. I thought they'd be a bit bland and boring the first time I tried them but one nibble and I was totally hooked. They're beautifully crumbly, buttery and totally moreish - they only cost £1.25 for a pack of 10 fingers too so they won't break the bank !

You might like to know that they are currently having a 50% off winter sale on their website, particularly on their festive lines, so now is the perfect time to stock up.

for more information : http://www.walkersshortbread.com/uk/

Disclosure : We received a selection of products in order to write an honest review.

6 comments:

  1. I love walkers shortbread and looking at this has got my mouth watering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. look away, quick ... don't go on their sale page !! lol

      Delete
  2. You always post about such yummy food... I really need to remember this every time I visit and make sure I eat beforehand! Love shortbread... nom nom nom!

    Sim @ Simslife.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celebrating Burns Night with shortbread in stead of haggis sounds good to me. I love shortbread. A small amount really fills you up and it is so delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...