Friday 12 April 2013

What's Cooking at the Madhouse next week? Menu Plan 12/4



I told you a couple of weeks ago that I was having a clearout in my food cupboards, using up some of the seasoning mixes and cooking sauces that are cluttering them up. Well, I was shocked earlier when I sat down and did a thorough stock-take, emptying out the cupboards to see what's lurking at the back. I have ... get ready for this ! ... 30 sachets of seasoning (including marinades, wedges seasoning and bag & bake mixes) and 24 jars and pouches of sauce (I spotted lots of curry, some Chinese, some WeightWatchers pasta sauces and some Chicken Tonight sauces). So that's my mission for the next few months - get through as many as possible ! I do still want to incoporate lots of fresh ingredients though so I'll need to get my thinking cap on to combine the best of both worlds.

The school holidays have kicked off so for the next two weeks, I need to plan lunches and dinners. I'm sure I won't stick to the plan, as we'll be going out and about and the kids will have more input about what they fancy eating, but it's good to have a rough idea for inspiration.

Saturday

lunch - probably McDonalds - Madhouse Daddy Mike has a funeral to go to in the morning and then we have to go and pick up the girls' new glasses so we'll be in town anyway. I'm rather partial to their seafood salads.

dinner - sandwiches of some shape and description - possibly wraps or pittas as there are some in the freezer

Sunday

lunch - as well as clearing out the food cupboards, I want to clear out the freezer (then restock it with fresh stuff) so either a chicken or a piece of beef that I know is in there, with rosemary & garlic roasties and roast veggies (carrots, mushrooms, onions, parsnips ...)

dinner - Baked Potato, Beans & Cheese Soup

Monday

lunch - Mexican Chicken with Bacon & Herb Potatoes and Broccoli

dinner - Pasta with WeightWatchers Roasted Garlic sauce and some bacon lardons, mushrooms, onions, red and green peppers, sweetcorn ...

Tuesday


lunch - Bengali Coconut Stir Fry sauce with prawns, served with rice - I'll have to have a think about which veggies will go well with that ...

dinner - Parmesan Chicken with Tangy Cheese Potato Wedges and salad


Wednesday


lunch - fajitas

dinner - Saag Aloo (spinach & potatoes with spices) and beef (which was on the menu last week but got bumped in favour of stuffed courgettes !)


Thursday


lunch - Spanish omelettes (tortillas) with potatoes, bacon, onions, red and green peppers, served with salad

dinner - Something in the slow cooker with beef and veggies - I'll go looking for inspiration


Friday


lunch - Pork chops with Chicken Tonight French White Wine Sauce, mushrooms & onions, served with couscous and salad or green beans

dinner - curry of some description, cooled down with coconut yogurt if necessary

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...