Wednesday 17 April 2013

WeightWatchers Mini Naan Bread review


I've just been telling you about the prawn curry - or, to give it its proper name, Goan Hot & Sour Indian Stir Fry - that I made last night and, instead of rice, I decided to accompany it with some WeightWatchers Mini Naan Bread that we'd been sent to review. We received the plain naan but there is also a coriander & garlic variety available.


You get four mini naans in a pack but the pack is made of two sealed halves so you could just use two and save the other two for another occasion without compromising on freshness. We had two each but one would be enough if you also had rice. Each naan contains 3 ProPoints, 108 calories, 4g of protein, 20.5g of carbs (of which 1.1g sugar), 1.1g of fat (of which 0.1g saturated) and 2.1g of fibre. Not bad at all !


As we'd frozen and defrosted our naans, they looked decidedly soggy before I put them under the grill. Having looked at the packaging properly, I could have put them straight under the grill from frozen. They came back to perfection though, with a crisp outer crust and deliciously soft, chewy centre and bottom. They were perfect for wiping up every last scrap of curry sauce from my plate !

When under the grill, I thought they had a very strong aniseed smell so I guessed that they contain fennel seeds. I really don't like the taste of aniseed so I was worried I wouldn't like them, but the smell is stronger than the taste. There is only the merest hint of fennel which I didn't find at all offputting. It actually adds a nice background flavour to complement your curry.

I'm really impressed with these and will definitely look out for them again, especially as they're a satisfying but diet-friendly option.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £1.35 for 4

Disclosure : I received the product in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

WeightWatchers Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce review and recipe idea


WeightWatchers Parmesan & Pesto Sauce review



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...