Thursday 25 April 2013

Persil Spring Blossom washing up liquid review


I once made a remark to Sophie that if washing up liquid smelt as gorgeous as some of the more exquisite laundry detergent fragrances on the market, washing up would seem much less of a chore. Having received a bottle of Persil"s Spring Blossom fragranced washing-up liquid to try out, I have to say, I think they must have heard me !

I was already quite taken with the hot pink colour of the product. It's not the most important thing I look for in a washing-up liquid, but it does look pretty on the window sill and adds a nice splash of colour that puts me in a good mood when I stand at the sink. The biggest feel-good factor is the fragrance though. It's really lovely although I couldn't quite define it - a quick look at the press release mentions "hints of Freesias, White Rose, Vanilla and dry fruits". Definitely sounds more like laundry detergent than the usual boring washing up liquid fragrances !

In terms of efficiency, it did a great job of tackling the greasy dishes after a Sunday roast and even cut through pongy curry pans that had been soaking. I was pleasantly surprised when I went to check the price -  it's only £1 for a 500ml bottle.

I must admit that this is the first time I've tried Persil washing up liquid, but looking at the other fragrances in the range, I'll definitely have to give those a try too. Apple Fizz, Orange Crush, Lemon Burst and Pink Blush all sound lovely too.

One thing I was surprised to learn is that Persil have a lovely range of recipes on their Persil Dish Wash website from Ruth Clemens and Eric Lanlard - the Candy Cane Meringues, Chocolate Orange Trifle,  Granny Smith Apple Mousse and Arabian Orange Cupcakes have all caught my eye. 

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £1 for 500ml

for more information (and recipes) : http://www.persildishwash.co.uk

Disclosure : I received the product in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...