Thursday 20 December 2012

Annoying Orange !


If you're anything like me, the chances are you've probably never heard of Annoying Orange. Yet ! But I get the sneaky feeling that it will be big news very soon. You have been warned !

It has apparently been the most watched web comedy series on YouTube for over 2 years, with 1.4 billion views and over 11 million Facebook fans. It is already a cult classic on Cartoon Network in the US and is coming to the UK in 2013. Annoying Orange features a cast of crazy characters including (no surprises for the first one !)  Annoying Orange, Pear, Marshmallow, Passion Fruit, Midget Apple, Grapefruit, Grandpa Lemon and Liam the Leprechaun, all sharing the same annoying humour. The weird and wacky sense of humour appeals to kids and teens but even adults are likely to chuckle too. I think it's one of those things that will go viral and end up on everyone's Facebook timelines and phones !



I'll be reviewing some Annoying Orange merchandise in the New Year but in the meantime, if you want to see what all the fuss is about, you can see some of the episodes on Youtube at http://www.youtube.com/channel/SWNkgmbM0vBxI. There will be a new character making its debut in tomorrow's episode, so I'm told.

If you have a look, tell me what you think. I found it a bit annoying (literally !) to begin with but then it started to grow on me and the Madhouse Mini-testers were in hysterics from the moment I pressed play ! Madhouse Daddy Mike soon appeared hovering behind my shoulder, shaking his head at first then laughing along with the kids. I get the feeling they'll be sneakily watching it on Youtube every time a new episode comes out now !

Other reviews you may be interested in :


Talking Tom Superstar toy review

2 comments:

  1. I watched the Annoying Orange's version of "Gangnam Style" and I have to say, although the song is pretty annoying in it's own right, I laughed all the way through the Orange's version and my 2 yr old made me play it over and over 5 times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL It does seem to have huge appeal to toddlers - it's the same here !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...