Monday 9 May 2011

Morphy Richards Comfigrip review : Iron-ly Have Eyes For Youuuu !


As I told you a little while ago (in this blogpost here), I'm very excited to have been chosen as a Morphy Richards Innovator, which means I'll get to try out several of their newest products over the coming months. Woohoo ! Exciting stuff ! For my first testing assignment, I received a lovely new iron and ironing board to put through their paces.

First of all, did you know that millions of people spend up to 10 days in total every year ironing their clothes? Well, I didn't either until earlier but it's just one of the interesting facts I discovered on the Morphy Richards "Home of the House Proud" website when I went to check the products' vital statistics for my review. I have to admit, I don't iron everything. As a working mum of three, time is a rare commodity so if I can get away with it, for things like leggings or the kids Tshirts and jeans, I tend to opt for the straight-from-the-tumble-drier shake-and-fold option, but there are things that just have to be ironed. Madhouse Daddy Mike's work shirts, my teacher clothes and the kids' cotton tops that get really creased when they come out of the machine, for example.

First of all, the Comfigrip looks really sleek and stylish. I know that's not the most important thing when choosing an iron but it does get you into a positive mindset for doing what many people (me included) see as a chore. It feels quite heavy, compared to other irons I've used - it weighs 1.6kg empty or 1.8kg full - but I actually see that as quite a good thing when it comes to an iron.

Morphy Richards explain : "The extremely powerful new Comfigrip iron incorporates our unique TriZone Soleplate Technology, designed to effortlessly remove tough creases giving a pristine look every time. [...]  The powerful steam tackles stubborn creases even on thicker fabrics such as jeans and the comfigrip handle and easy fill water features make ironing even easier." Well, you may not have found your soulmate but you have got a ceramic soleplate ! Keep an eye on your teenage daughters or they'll be trying to straighten their hair with it ! Seriously though, the ceramic plate means it glides effortlessly across whatever you're ironing so you get much less arm ache.

It has a lot of functions that now seem pretty standard on irons - it's antiscale, no drip, self cleaning, has a water spray and shot of steam as well as a 350ml clear view water tank - but it also has some clever extras. The large filling hole is very handy, as is the 3m long power cord, and I love the Eco Steam Switch that allows up to 23% energy saving. As a great safety feature, it also has an auto-standby so it will turn itself off after 1 minute of inactivity in face-down position or 8 minutes upright. Great news for those times when you "just pop off for a second" to answer the phone or deal with a mini-crisis with the kids or change a pongy nappy and end up getting sidetracked. Or for those forgetful baby-brain moments when you're on the way to the shops and you have a sudden panic that you might have left the iron on ! Please don't tell me I'm the only one to do that !

Now, I'm just about to review the perfect ally for the Comfigrip iron - the Shirtmaster ironing board - so don't miss that blogpost !

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £79.99


Other reviews you may be interested in :



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...