Sunday 22 May 2011

Lovea Bio Tahitian Monoi Moisturising Hair Mask review


As a beauty blogger for My Pure, I've already reviewed several products from Lovea so I came to this hair mask with high expectations. The blurb on the website says : "Lovea organic certified Tahitian Monoi moisturising hair mask is ideal for repairing hair damaged by the sun, wind and chemical treatments. LOVEA extends its Monoi know-how and expertise to offer a new range of organic certified Tahitian Monoi hair care that combines organic certified formulas, smooth textures and a genuine, 100% natural Monoi scent with a very affordable price."

The Monoi-scent is what really attracted me to this hair mask in particular - the blend of Tiaré flowers and coconut oil give a delicious, exotic fragrnce that always reminds me of summer. I was therefore slightly disappointed that the fragrance was so delicate and unpronounced. If it hadn't said Monoi on the label, I wouldn't actually have recognised the fragrance at all. It's not unpleasant but is a bit non-descript and bland.

In terms of efficiency, it reminded me more of an intensive conditioner than a mask. Although my hair was easy to brush and slightly sleeker after using it, it didn't feel totally nourished as I would expect after a really rich mask. I have just noticed on the My Pure website that this mask can also be used as a leave-in conditioner too, so I will give that a try next time.

For the price, its not bad and I love the natural ingredients promise that extends to all My Pure products.

star rating : 4/5

RRP : £7.99


Other reviews you may be interested in :



5 comments:

  1. Completely agree - although the scent can be a bit overpowering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd love this then. I always go for really BIG fragrances. The more in your face the better !

    ReplyDelete
  3. i too am big on fragrance :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will suggest this product to my daughter whi is always looking for products to calm her frizzy hair.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...