Saturday 14 May 2011

Boots Nappy Rash Spray review


Pierre is baby number three and he's now 22 months old so, in my time as a mummy, I've got through a lot of different nappy rash creams. I've used balms and creams, tubs and tubes, but never in my life have I used a spray ! When Boots sent me through one of their Nappy Rash Sprays to try out, I thought it would be quite messy but was keen to give it a test-run.

Well, last week was the perfect time. Pierre had a tummy bug that led to nasty acidic poo (sorry for the details !) that left him with severe nappy rash. Cue one very unhappy toddler who squirmed and screamed in pain when I went anywhere near him with a new nappy and who, once I'd managed to get him clean, was certainly not going to let me put any sort of cream on his sore bum without a huge fight and a lot of tears.

Then I remembered the spray. As I opened the box, Pierre wailed "no no no" and started kicking his legs about so I couldn't touch him, but the huge advantage of a spray when dealing with an uncooperative toddler is that you can do it from a distance ! I had a quick squirt and Pierre looked surprised then erupted into giggles and stopped wriggling. I sprayed some more on and he continued to laugh and stop fighting. Hallelujah !

As it is a spray, it is quite thin and runny so I wasn't sure how effective it would be, assuming it would soak straight into the nappy. It certainly seems to be instantly soothing, probably because it's cold, and calmed Pierre down every time I used it. It must tickle because he grins and lifts his legs up for me to spray it on whenever I pick up the bottle !

Two days later, the redness and broken skin had totally cleared up. I don't know if this is due to the nappy rash spray or if it would have cleared up by itself, but for the ease of use with a reluctant toddler and the instant calming effect, it gets a huge thumbs up from me.

For those nappy changes when you're out and about and can't necessarily wash your hands, it's also great to know that you can spray it on without touching your baby's bum !

I wasn't sure I'd like it but I was pleasantly surprised. It's definitely a good idea and I'll be buying it again.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £5.60 for 100ml


Other reviews you may be interested in :

7 comments:

  1. whatt a clever idea, i bet this must save on the mess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful Spray review for baby. best info share in the post. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never thought of using a spray for nappy rash and didn't even know that there was such a products available many thanks for the review and for bringing this product to my attention

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds good, like the idea of a spray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really handy to know for an expectant mum. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good review, will keep an eye out for it :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...