Saturday 28 August 2010

Nordic Omega-3 Gummy Worms




A few months ago, Nordic Naturals sent me some of their multivitamin Gummies to try out and they tasted just like sweets so they were a huge hit with the girls (not to mention the grownups !). They recently asked me to review their new Gummy Worms so I immediately said yes, hoping to find something else amazingly good for the girls' health that they absolutely love eating.


Well, I have to admit that when I saw the label, I was slightly dubious. These Gummy Worms contain omega-3, otherwise known as fish oil. Although I'm well aware of the health benefits of omega-3, there's no getting away from the fact that other supposedly great tasting fruity products that we've tried in the past did taste very fishy and the girls hated some of them so much that they gagged the first time they tried them then refused point blank to have another taste !


Luckily, I didn't have to try the hard sell to get them to try them out. They recognised the Nordic Naturals label from the Multivitamin Gummies and begged me to let them taste them - grinning to myself (and crossing my fingers that they wouldn't taste the fishy oil !), I said "Oh OK, go on then" and sat back to watch their reactions.


They giggled at the wiggly worms shape, popped them in their mouth, chewed, swallowed and asked if they could have another one ! Buoyed by their enthusiasm, I decided to try one myself and once again, I was amazed at how they have taken something packed full of goodness and made it taste just like a sweet. I was searching for a fishy background taste and there really isn't one.


Obviously, to taste this good, they do contain sugars - Mary Poppins knew her stuff when she said a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down ! Each serving of one worm contains 15 calories, but all kids eat sweets so at least you know that these ones are packed with brain-boosting omega-3 oils. They are gluten free, milk derivative free, yeast free and free from artificial flavourings, colourings and preservatives.


Once again, the girls (and me !) love the enchanting Scandinavian fairytale world of Nordic Naturals : "Mountain Trolls are the most secretive Trolls—the most anyone has ever seen of one is a bushy tail sticking out from behind a mossy boulder. Every night they emerge from their hidden underground labyrinths to put out baskets of Nordic Omega-3 Gummy Worms for the Troll kingdom."

My only criticism is that a pot only contains 30 gummy worms so, if you have two children, you'll be getting through a tub every fortnight. I would prefer to have bigger pots available.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £18.91

other reviews you may be interested in :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...